What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, listening, with a compassionate heart for others who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's need.
Stephen Ministry is YOUR Ministry!
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry.
Here's what you can do:
- PRAY for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through Stephen Ministry.
- ACCEPT care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker or relative who is hurting about Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
Therefore encourage one another and build up each other.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Stephen Leaders are...
Trained leaders in our congregation who oversee and direct Stephen Ministry.
Talk with a Stephen Minister today!
- If you or someone you know could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister...
- If you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister...
- If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry...
Contact Dr. Ann Pearson at 928-1148 or email .